Ferrero wanted to support our local downtown businesses and donated boxes of Ferrero Golden Gallery Signature to the Listowel BIA to use how we saw fit. While we could have given them to shoppers or used them as part of a promotion or giveaway, we made the decision to give them to many of our downtown businesses as a small token of our appreciation for everything they do for our community.
We believe our small businesses are the heart of our community and foster our local economy. This has been an unimaginable year and our small businesses have had to face unbelievable challenges. Not only have they done this, but they have continued to support each other and our community. We are so very impressed by our businesses.
Our coordinator was unable to deliver the boxes so we called on an amazing volunteer to randomly distribute the boxes. Thank you, Warren.
Thank you Ferrero for this donation to our downtown business community.
This year the Listowel BIA and the North Perth Chamber teamed up for a promotion that PAYS-IT-FORWARD. Those who purchased Shop Local Dollars from Libro Credit Union from November 12 to December 19 were automatically entered into a random draw to win one of four ‘Pay-It-Forward’ Shop Local Dollar prize draws of $250 .
Congratulations to our winners:
For more information on Shop Dollars see HERE.
Voting is now closed! Congratulations to our winners:
1) Overall Winner: Victorian Inn & Spa on Main
2) Viewers Choice: Tenpas Decor Centre
The Listowel BIA invited businesses to decorate during the holiday season and for the community to vote for their favourite decorated business for the 2020 holiday season by liking their picture from December 7 to 10 on our Facebook page. The top 10 moved on to a judging panel. Click HERE to see the pictures!
The businesses of Listowel invited you to celebrate the season with them and to shop local for all your holiday season needs. We kicked off the season with an open house from November 26-27-28. People came to check out our town decorations, eat at one of our restaurants and shop for everything they needed for the holiday season. Thank you for choosing local and supporting our community!
Thanks to everyone who participated in our Business Scavenger Hunt from November 26 to December 10 and to all of our business who helped to bring some holiday cheer! We had 18 holiday books at participating business storefronts. Did you find them all?
$25 Shop Dollar Winners:
$50 Shop Dollars Grand Prize Winner:
The BIA sponsored the holiday booklet of savings. This booklet was filled with coupons from many businesses in Listowel offering sales to help with all of your holiday shopping this year. Thanks to the businesses who participated this year!
Congratulations to our winners! Thanks for everyone who took the time to vote and participate in this fun community event.
The Listowel BIA was pleased to bring back again this year our community decorating contest! Each home was judged in one category. The category selected was used as a guide only as the judges ultimately decided which category best fits the home being considered. One home also won the People’s Choice Award which was decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook page. All photos submitted were shared on our social media pages as well as on our website. Winners were announced on Friday, December 18, 2019.
All submissions were due either online or to the Municipality of North Perth Administrative Office by 4:00 pm on Friday, December 11, 2020.
Vote for your favourite decorated house this year by liking or loving their picture. Comments are welcomed and encouraged but do not count as a vote. If you know of someone who would like to vote but does not have Facebook, they can call the Listowel BIA at 519-444-8233 and leave a message with the House # they are voting for. We will not accept names of people – it must be the house number that has been assigned to them. if you vote online, you can not call in a vote. Phone call voters must provide their name as a cross reference for online voting. You can like as many houses as you want. Voting is open from December 12 to December 17 at noon. Thanks to everyone who participated this year!
· Participation is open to all residents within the boundary of Listowel.
· Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
· Decorations must be visible from the roadway. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
· Judging will be based on curb appeal. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side streets and judging will only be done from outside of the residence.
· Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Discover Listowel website, the Discover Listowel e-newsletter, Instagram and Facebook pages. Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting and publication.
· Decorations must be displayed on December 16th and 17th from 6pm to 9pm in order for the home to be judged. Participants must ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights. Eco friendly categories will be judged during daylight hours on the same days.
Thank you for your support and have fun!
· Clark W. Griswold – the display you can see from outer space
· The Spirit of Christmas (Best Traditional/Nostalgic) – light display that captures the classic Christmas motif
· Creative Use of Lights – one style or colour, synchronized lights, etc.
· Neighbourhood Participation – get the neighbours involved, a minimum of five homes on the block
-NEW THIS YEAR - Eco-Friendly - the display that celebrates the season with a focus on an environmentally friendly display
· People’s Choice – the people’s favourite decorated house. To be decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook event page 2020 Resident Decorating Contest. Check it out and vote from Dec 12 to 17.
· $100 shop dollars for each of the first four categories (one winner per category)
· $300 shop dollars for the Neighbourhood Participation category to be shared with participants (one neighbourhood winner)
· $100 shop dollars for the winner of the People’s Choice winner
· Bragging rights for all of the winners!