We are inviting you to decorate for the holiday season! Check out all the details HERE!
This year the Listowel BIA and the North Perth Chamber are teaming up for a promotion that PAYS-IT-FORWARD. Purchase Shop Local Dollars from Libro Credit Union from November 12 to December 19 and automatically be entered into a random draw to win one of four ‘Pay-It-Forward’ Shop Local Dollar prize draws of $250 . For more information see HERE.
The Listowel BIA will be inviting businesses to decorate during the holiday season. Vote for your favourite decorated business for the 2020 holiday season by liking their picture from December 7 to 10 on our Facebook page. The top 10 will move on to a judging panel. The winner will be announced December 11. We can't wait to see what our businesses do this year!
The Listowel BIA and the North Perth Public Library present the 2020 Business Holiday Scavenger Hunt. The hunt will run from November 26 to December 10. All you have to do is find participating business storefronts and the book they have on display and enter for a chance to win Shop Local Dollars. Enter HERE for all the details!
The businesses of Listowel want to invite you to celebrate the season with them. Shop local for all your holiday season needs. We kicked off the season with an open house from November 26-27-28 and while the Open House is over, we are still open! Come and check out our town decorations, eat at one of our restaurants and shop for everything you need for the holiday season. We are following all safety protocols to keep you safe during this time. #discoverlistowel
The Listowel BIA is pleased to bring back again this year our community decorating contest! Each home will be judged in one category. The category you select will be used as a guide only as the judges will ultimately decide which category best fits the home being considered. Please read over the guidelines before submitting your entry. One home will also win the People’s Choice Award. This will be decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook page. All photos submitted will be shared on our social media pages as well as on our website. All winners will be announced on Friday, December 18, 2019.
All submissions are due either online or to the Municipality of North Perth Administrative Office by 4:00 pm on Friday, December 11, 2020.
· Participation is open to all residents within the boundary of Listowel.
· Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
· Decorations must be visible from the roadway. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
· Judging will be based on curb appeal. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side streets and judging will only be done from outside of the residence.
· Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Discover Listowel website, the Discover Listowel e-newsletter, Instagram and Facebook pages. Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting and publication.
· Decorations must be displayed on December 16th and 17th from 6pm to 9pm in order for the home to be judged. Participants must ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights. Eco friendly categories will be judged during daylight hours on the same days.
Thank you for your support and have fun!
· Clark W. Griswold – the display you can see from outer space
· The Spirit of Christmas (Best Traditional/Nostalgic) – light display that captures the classic Christmas motif
· Creative Use of Lights – one style or colour, synchronized lights, etc.
· Neighbourhood Participation – get the neighbours involved, a minimum of five homes on the block
-NEW THIS YEAR - Eco-Friendly - the display that celebrates the season with a focus on an environmentally friendly display
· People’s Choice – the people’s favourite decorated house. To be decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook event page 2020 Resident Decorating Contest. Check it out and vote from Dec 12 to 17.
· $100 shop dollars for each of the first four categories (one winner per category)
· $300 shop dollars for the Neighbourhood Participation category to be shared with participants (one neighbourhood winner)
· $100 shop dollars for the winner of the People’s Choice winner
· Bragging rights for all of the winners!
The Listowel BIA will be inviting businesses to decorate during the holiday season. Vote for your favourite decorated business for the 2020 holiday season by liking their picture from December 7 to 10 on our Facebook page. The top 10 will move on to a judging panel. The winner will be announced December 11 and pictures will be posted on our Facebook event page and on our website.