We have our winner! Congratulations to BK's Brand Name Clothing & Gifts. They are our Grand Winners this year. We also want to congratulate our Viewers Choice - Tenpas Decor! See the winner pictures HERE. Thanks to the residents for voting for your favourites! Click HERE to see the pictures of participating businesses.
The Listowel BIA starting off the season by decorating the town. We hope you enjoyed what we did this year!
Roaming Santa was back again this year to roam the streets and visit many businesses from December 1 to 9. Thanks to everyone who sent us their picture and entered our contest to win Shop Dollars! Go to our Facebook Album Roaming Santa to see all the great pictures and winners!
The BIA sponsored the holiday booklet of savings. This booklet is filled with coupons from many businesses in Listowel offering sales to help you with all of your holiday shopping this year. Click HERE to discover all of the deals.
SOLD OUT! The Listowel BIA partnered with the North Perth Chamber of Commerce and sponsored the Free Money top up of the Shop Local Dollars Holiday program. While the program is sold out, you can still purchase Shop Dollars at Libro Credit Union and support local shopping. Learn about this program today and plan to participate next year! Click HERE for more details.
Roaming Santa is back again this year to roam the streets and visit many businesses from December 1 to 9. You are encouraged to find Santa and send us pictures by email at email@example.com as well as post on social media. When you do, you will be entered into a draw to win shop dollars!
Santa will be coming on the following days:
We will post hints on our Facebook event page Roaming Santa on each day to help you find him!
To stimulate and enhance a sense of community by rewarding residents that go above and beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season, the Listowel BIA is hosting a 2018 Holiday decorating contest. All homes with a Listowel address are welcome to participate. Homeowners must register or be “nominated” by an admirer in order to be judged.
To register, send us a picture of your house decorated (night shots are best) and the application in the form section of this page (below).
· Participation is open to all residents within the boundary of Listowel.
· Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
· Applications must be received no later than Friday, November 30th at 4:30pm.
· Decorations must be visible from the roadway. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
· Judging will be based on curb appeal. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side streets and judging will only be done from outside of the residence.
· Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Discover Listowel website, the Discover Listowel e-newsletter, Instagram and Facebook pages. Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting and publication.
· Decorations must be available and lit up on December 4th, 5th and 6th from 6pm to 10pm in order for the home to be judged. Participants must ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on all three nights.
· Winners will be notified December 10th and the winners will be posted on December 11th.
· Clark W. Griswold – the display you can see from outer space
· The Spirit of Christmas (Best Traditional/Nostalgic) – light display that captures the classic Christmas motif
· Creative Use of Lights – one style or colour, synchronized lights, etc.
· Neighbourhood Participation – get the neighbours involved, a minimum of 5 adjacent homes
· People’s Choice – the people’s favourite decorated house. To be decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook event page Listowel Community Decorating Contest. Check it out and vote from Dec 3 to 9.
· $100 shop dollars for each of the first three categories (one winner per category)
· $300 shop dollars for the Neighbourhood Participation category to be shared with participants (one neighbourhood winner)
· $100 shop dollars for the winner of the People’s Choice winner
· Bragging rights for all of the winners!