Santa roamed our streets on December 6, 7, 8, 13, 14 and 15. Did you find him? We have put the pictures sent to us on our Facebook Santa 2019 Album. Check it out! Every picture was entered to win shop dollars. Winners were announced on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. Santa can't wait to return next year!
The Listowel BIA once again partnered with the North Perth Chamber of Commerce and sponsored the Free Money top up of the Shop Local Dollars Holiday program. The program started November 12 and ended on December 20. Thanks to everyone who bought local dollars and shopped in our community this holiday season!
The BIA sponsored the holiday booklet of savings. This booklet was filled with coupons from many businesses in Listowel offering sales to help with all of your holiday shopping this year. Thanks to the businesses who participated this year!
The Listowel BIA kicked off the holiday season by decorating the town. We hope you enjoyed what we did this year. Thanks to our amazing volunteers for all of their help and to the Listowel Agriculture Society and St. Joseph's Catholic Church for donating hydro and space to put up some of our decorations!
The businesses of Listowel invited you to shop for all you needed for the holiday season this year. We started the season off with an open house the weekend of November 29/30. Our town was decorated, Santa made a visit at our parade and sales were in full swing! We hope you enjoyed the weekend and continued to shop Listowel for all of your holiday needs!
To recognize residents that go above and beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season, the Listowel BIA hosted a 2019 Holiday decorating contest. All homes with a Listowel were welcome to participate. Congratulations to our winners! Check out the winners here. Check out all the entries here.
The Listowel BIA is pleased to bring back again this year our community decorating contest! Each home will be judged in one category. The category you select will be used as a guide only as the judges will ultimately decide which category best fits the home being considered. Please read over the guidelines before submitting your entry. One home will also win the People’s Choice Award. This will be decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook page. All photos submitted will be shared on our social media pages as well as at www.discoverlistowel.com All winners will be announced on Wednesday, December 18, 2019.
All submissions are due either online or to the Listowel BIA Office (580 Main St W, Listowel) or the Municipality of North Perth Administrative Office by 4:30 pm on Tuesday, December 10, 2019.
· Participation is open to all residents within the boundary of Listowel.
· Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
· Decorations must be visible from the roadway. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
· Judging will be based on curb appeal. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side streets and judging will only be done from outside of the residence.
· Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Discover Listowel website, the Discover Listowel e-newsletter, Instagram and Facebook pages. Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting and publication.
· Decorations must be displayed on December 10th and 11th from 6pm to 10pm in order for the home to be judged. Participants must ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights.
Thank you for your support and have fun!
· Clark W. Griswold – the display you can see from outer space
· The Spirit of Christmas (Best Traditional/Nostalgic) – light display that captures the classic Christmas motif
· Creative Use of Lights – one style or colour, synchronized lights, etc.
· Neighbourhood Participation – get the neighbours involved, a minimum of five homes on the block
· People’s Choice – the people’s favourite decorated house. To be decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook event page 2019 Resident Decorating Contest. Check it out and vote from Dec 12 to 17.
· $100 shop dollars for each of the first three categories (one winner per category)
· $300 shop dollars for the Neighbourhood Participation category to be shared with participants (one neighbourhood winner)
· $100 shop dollars for the winner of the People’s Choice winner
· Bragging rights for all of the winners!