Santa will start roaming our streets this weekend! Look for him on December 6, 7 and 8. Check back for updates every day of where to look for him! You can also check our social media sites for updates! We can't wait to see all of your pictures and to award shop dollars!
The Listowel BIA is once again partnering with the North Perth Chamber of Commerce and sponsoring the Free Money top up of the Shop Local Dollars Holiday program. The program starts November 12! Click HERE for all the details!
The BIA is sponsoring the holiday booklet of savings. This booklet is filled with coupons from many businesses in Listowel offering sales to help you with all of your holiday shopping this year. It is now available at participating businesses and the Chamber office and went out in the Independent Plus weekly paper.
The Listowel BIA kicked off the holiday season by decorating the town. We hope you enjoy what we did this year. Thanks to our amazing volunteers for all of their help and to the Listowel Agriculture Society and St. Joseph's Catholic Church for donating hydro and space to put up some of our decorations!
The businesses of Listowel want to invite you to shop for all you need for the holiday season this year. We started the season off with an open house the weekend of November 29/30. Our town was decorated, Santa made a visit at our parade and sales were in full swing! We hope you enjoyed the weekend and continue to shop Listowel for all of your holiday needs!
To recognize residents that go above and beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season, the Listowel BIA is hosting a 2019 Holiday decorating contest. All homes with a Listowel address are welcome to participate. Homeowners must register or be “nominated” by an admirer in order to be judged.
To register, click HERE for an online application or go to the Municipality of North Perth Administrative Building (330 Wallace Ave N, Listowel) to pick up a paper entry.
The Listowel BIA is pleased to bring back again this year our community decorating contest! Each home will be judged in one category. The category you select will be used as a guide only as the judges will ultimately decide which category best fits the home being considered. Please read over the guidelines before submitting your entry. One home will also win the People’s Choice Award. This will be decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook page. All photos submitted will be shared on our social media pages as well as at www.discoverlistowel.com All winners will be announced on Wednesday, December 18, 2019.
All submissions are due either online or to the Listowel BIA Office (580 Main St W, Listowel) or the Municipality of North Perth Administrative Office by 4:30 pm on Tuesday, December 10, 2019.
· Participation is open to all residents within the boundary of Listowel.
· Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
· Decorations must be visible from the roadway. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
· Judging will be based on curb appeal. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side streets and judging will only be done from outside of the residence.
· Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Discover Listowel website, the Discover Listowel e-newsletter, Instagram and Facebook pages. Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting and publication.
· Decorations must be displayed on December 10th and 11th from 6pm to 10pm in order for the home to be judged. Participants must ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights.
Thank you for your support and have fun!
· Clark W. Griswold – the display you can see from outer space
· The Spirit of Christmas (Best Traditional/Nostalgic) – light display that captures the classic Christmas motif
· Creative Use of Lights – one style or colour, synchronized lights, etc.
· Neighbourhood Participation – get the neighbours involved, a minimum of five homes on the block
· People’s Choice – the people’s favourite decorated house. To be decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook event page 2019 Resident Decorating Contest. Check it out and vote from Dec 12 to 17.
· $100 shop dollars for each of the first three categories (one winner per category)
· $300 shop dollars for the Neighbourhood Participation category to be shared with participants (one neighbourhood winner)
· $100 shop dollars for the winner of the People’s Choice winner
· Bragging rights for all of the winners!