The businesses of Listowel want to invite you to shop for all you need for the holiday season this year. We are starting the season off with an open house the weekend of November 29/30. Our town will be decorated, Santa will make a visit at our parade and sales will be starting.
The Listowel BIA is once again partnering with the North Perth Chamber of Commerce and sponsoring the Free Money top up of the Shop Local Dollars Holiday program. The program starts November 12! Click HERE for all the details!
The Listowel BIA will kick off the holiday season by decorating the town. We hope you enjoy what we do!
The BIA is once again sponsoring the holiday booklet of savings. This booklet is filled with coupons from many businesses in Listowel offering sales to help you with all of your holiday shopping this year. It will be available in late November. Check back for more details then!
Coming in December - stay tuned for more details in mid-November!
Roaming Santa will be back once again to roam the streets and visit many businesses from December 6 to 15! Look for more details in late November!
To recognize residents that go above and beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season, the Listowel BIA is hosting a 2019 Holiday decorating contest. All homes with a Listowel address are welcome to participate. Homeowners must register or be “nominated” by an admirer in order to be judged.
To register, click HERE for an online application or go to the Municipality of North Perth Administrative Building (330 Wallace Ave N, Listowel) to pick up a paper entry.
The Listowel BIA is pleased to bring back again this year our community decorating contest! Each home will be judged in one category. The category you select will be used as a guide only as the judges will ultimately decide which category best fits the home being considered. Please read over the guidelines before submitting your entry. One home will also win the People’s Choice Award. This will be decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook page. All photos submitted will be shared on our social media pages as well as at www.discoverlistowel.com All winners will be announced on Wednesday, December 18, 2019.
All submissions are due either online or to the Listowel BIA Office (580 Main St W, Listowel) or the Municipality of North Perth Administrative Office by 4:30 pm on Tuesday, December 10, 2019.
· Participation is open to all residents within the boundary of Listowel.
· Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
· Decorations must be visible from the roadway. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
· Judging will be based on curb appeal. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side streets and judging will only be done from outside of the residence.
· Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Discover Listowel website, the Discover Listowel e-newsletter, Instagram and Facebook pages. Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting and publication.
· Decorations must be displayed on December 10th and 11th from 6pm to 10pm in order for the home to be judged. Participants must ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights.
Thank you for your support and have fun!
· Clark W. Griswold – the display you can see from outer space
· The Spirit of Christmas (Best Traditional/Nostalgic) – light display that captures the classic Christmas motif
· Creative Use of Lights – one style or colour, synchronized lights, etc.
· Neighbourhood Participation – get the neighbours involved, a minimum of five homes on the block
· People’s Choice – the people’s favourite decorated house. To be decided on the Discover Listowel Facebook event page 2019 Resident Decorating Contest. Check it out and vote from Dec 12 to 17.
· $100 shop dollars for each of the first three categories (one winner per category)
· $300 shop dollars for the Neighbourhood Participation category to be shared with participants (one neighbourhood winner)
· $100 shop dollars for the winner of the People’s Choice winner
· Bragging rights for all of the winners!